Open access is a publication model where users (readers, libraries, institutions, organizations) are not charged for accessing the articles or other resources published by individual journals or journal publishers. Users are free to read, download, print, copy, re-distribute, search or link to the full texts of these articles.
Open access publishing leads to wider, unrestricted dissemination of information. Any researcher interested in your work can read it, which translates into increased usage and further development of your work. This increases the impact of your work. Authors are the final copyright owners of their work published in open access journals. You also benefit from work of other researchers published under open occess. You are free to download and read their work without paying any charges to purchase the articles and this provides you with the latest, peer-reviewed scientific information - a true unrestricted exchange of ideas and scientific knowledge.
Open Access is a true un-restricted exchange of ideas and science.
Open Access Publishing by Edorium Journals
Edorium Journals publishes all articles under the open access model, defined under Budapest, Berlin, and Bethesda open access declarations. The full content of the articles published by Edorium Journals is freely available for anyone to read, download, print, use, re-use and build upon. The published articles are distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License which permits unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction, free of charge, in any medium, provided that the original author(s) and original publisher are given due credit. The copyright of the published work is retained by the authors. Edorium Journals will always provide free access to all the articles published in its open access journals, without any obligations or restrictions, to all readers, in any part of the world.
Advantages of Open Access - Edorium Journals
Open access publishing benefits you in both your roles - as an authors and as a reader. The advantages of open access are:
- All published articles are freely available to all readers, in any part of the world.
- Many traditional journals cover the cost of publication through subscriptions to the journals or by charging fee for purchase of individual articles. This means that if an author wants to use previously published articles form traditional journals, he/she will either have to pay to purchase the articles or look for similar articles which are freely available. Free availability of your work published under open access means more citations for your articles and increased impact of your work in scientific literature.
- You also benefit from work of other researchers published under open access. You are free to download and read their work and this provides you with the latest, peer-reviewed scientific information without charges.
- You will retain the copyright of your articles, which means you can freely reproduce and distribute your work. No permission is required from the publisher to use your own work as happens in traditional subscription based journals.
- Everyone, including yourself, your friends, colleagues and the scientific community has immediate and free access to the results of your research.
- The articles published under open access are fully citable.
Click here to read about the contemporary issues in open access publishing.