Journal of Case Reports and Images in Surgery is a peer reviewed, open access, journal of case reports in surgery which accepts for publication, original, unpublished manuscripts in general surgery and related subspecialties.
Aim of Journal of Case Reports and Images in Surgery is to encourage the publication of case reports in surgery and related subspecialties by providing a platform for reporting of unique, unusual and rare cases which enhance understanding of disease process, its diagnosis, management and clinico-pathologic correlations.
The scope of the journal covers case series, case reports, clinical images and letter to editors in the specialty of surgery and related subspecialties including cardiovascular and thoracic surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, neurosurgery, pediatric surgery, oncosurgery, renal surgery, liver surgery and transplant surgery.
Following types of articles are published in Journal of Case Reports and Images in Surgery: Case Series, Case Reports, Clinical Images and Letter to Editors.
All articles are welcome, which:
- Report new and unknown disease entities
- Report unexpected or unusual disease presentations
- Explain unexpected or unusual findings in the course of the disease
- Report previously unknown or unusual side effects of treatment
- Report new associations between different diseases
- Explain new associations between different diseases
- Enhance current knowledge about disease processes, pathogenesis and management
Journal of Case Reports and Images in Surgery also publishes announcements giving information about conferences, meetings, seminars, symposia, courses, and other items.