You are here: Home
> Informed Consent
Informed Consent - Edorium Journals
Informed consent from patients/subjects included in a study is required for many different reasons like:
- Informed consent for inclusion in a study
- Informed consent to publish identifying information in text and images
- Informed consent to publish a paper which includes details of the subject/patient
In the Methods section of the manuscript authors must state that:
"Informed consent was obtained from all patients for being included in the study."
If informed consent was not obtained, authors are required to give an explanation why this was so.
Authors should also state whether the informed consent was written or oral.
If oral informed consent was taken, it must be stated in the manuscript:
- Why written consent could not be obtained
- That the institutional review board or appropriate research committee(s) approved the use of oral consent
- How oral consent was documented
© 2017 Edorium Journals. All rights reserved.